Links and downloads► SMT flyer
What is an SMT?
An SMT is a market participant whose is typically not directly active in the wholesale trading market but who is probably a consumer or producer of significant amounts of energy requiring a relationship with one or more energy trader(s) who is (are) active in the wholesale energy market. SMTs use their relationships with wholesale energy market participants to help to balance and manage their energy needs without the need to become active themselves in the wholesale energy market. There are a large number of SMTs in the European energy market, together SMTs form a market segment of their own called the SMT market segment or SMTs for short.
Since regulatory reporting obligations apply to all market participants, regardless of their size, Equias has developed eRR SMT specifically for the SMT companies in the European energy market. Although most SMTs will rely on their larger counterparty to have performed the reporting process on their behalf the SMT nevertheless retains the responsibility to ensure correctness, accuracy and completeness of the data reported in their name.
eRR SMT provides an efficient and effective tool to facilitate regulatory reporting compliance for the benefit of the Reporter and the Reportee (SMT counterparty). eRR SMT is free of charge to the Reportee.
Benefits for you as a Reportee:
- Get free access to the reporting service used by your major energy suppliers to report on your behalf
- Using your own on-line account, monitor what is being reported in your name and see the responses from the regulator
- View a straightforward summary of your reported trades, per reporter and per jurisdiction
- Monitor online and/or easily download reported data
- Full access to underlying details of both reported trades and status of all submitted reports within the reporting process
Benefits for you as a Reporter:
- Get more from your existing eRR usage at no additional cost or effort
–Automatically meet your obligation to inform clients of what has been reported to regulators in their name
- Provide your clients with on-line access to see and monitor reports made by you, on their behalf, using eRR
- Standardised activity report made available with drill-down flexibility
To receive an on-line account and free access to the regulatory data being reported on your behalf simply sign up using our registration service https://www.portal.equias.org