eTM – electronic Trade Monitoring
At Equias we provide eTM, a trade monitoring and regulatory compliance service that is configurable to each company’s unique situation and approach to monitoring.
Who is it for:
- Wholesale trading compliance officers
For wholesale trading compliance officers:
- This service is ‘data ready’ – you can test trial the service and use it immediately to analyse your data.
- Access top-ranked abuse patterns prioritised by and developed with the eTM community.
- Gain and share knowledge as part of the largest EU energy trade monitoring community.
- Stay up to date on industry best practice by participating in the eTM community.
- Automatically add new markets to the analysis simply by starting to trade in them.
eTM is delivered ‘data ready’ as a cloud service, avoiding the need for complex product implementation and data integration. It thus allows users to focus on their business rather than on the technical complexities of implementing a solution. eTM includes a constant flow of high-quality data – orders and trades, whether traded on exchange, via a broker, or bilaterally. We have addressed the complex task of collecting data from multiple sources and integrating it into a homogenous dataset that is ready for analysis.
Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) includes an explicit obligation requiring participants in traded markets – including European energy wholesale markets – to introduce appropriate systems to monitor for breaches. At the same time REMIT provides regulators with the tools needed to monitor the trading behaviour of participants. Penalties for abusing the market can be extremely severe, giving participants a strong incentive to monitor their own behaviour for abuse and thus avoid penalties.