eRR – SMT - electronic Regulatory Reporting for small & medium-sized trading companies
A small and medium-sized trader (SMT) is a market participant who is not directly active in the wholesale trading market but may be a consumer or producer of significant amounts of energy and thus requires a relationship with one or more wholesale energy trader(s).
Since regulatory reporting obligations apply to all market participants, regardless of their size, we have developed eRR SMT specifically for small and medium-sized trading companies operating in the European energy market.
Who is it for:
- SMTs that require a relationship with one or more wholesale energy trader(s).
- Companies reporting on behalf of SMTs, including counterparties, clients and energy customers.
- Receive free access to the reporting service used by major energy suppliers that report on your behalf.
- Use your own on-line account, you can monitor what is being reported in your name and see the responses from the regulator.
- View a clear summary of your reported trades, per reporter and per jurisdiction.
- Monitor on-line and/or easily download reported data.
- Gain full access to the underlying details of reported trades as well as the status of all reports submitted.
For companies reporting on behalf of SMTs:
- Achieve more from your use of eRR at no additional cost and with no extra effort.
- You automatically meet your obligation to inform clients of what has been reported to regulators in their name.
- Provide your clients with on-line access so that they can see and monitor reports you have made on their behalf using eRR.
- A standardised activity report is made available with full drill-down flexibility.
SMT services are designed to ensure that SMT companies can comply with regulations and meet their responsibilities (in terms of the exhaustiveness and correctness of the data submitted when reporting) on the one hand to facilitate an easier, faster and less labour-intensive process for the reporting company on the other.
SMTs use their relationships with wholesale energy market participants to manage their energy needs without the need to become active in the wholesale energy market themselves. There are a large number of SMTs operating in the European energy market and together they form the SMT market segment.
Although most SMTs rely on a larger counterparty which reports on their behalf, the SMT is nevertheless responsible for ensuring the correctness, accuracy and completeness of the data reported in their name. eRR SMT provides an effective, efficient tool that can be used to ensure regulatory reporting compliance. This benefits both the reporter and the SMT counterparty.
Frequently asked questions:
Equias’ mission is to increase market participation and trading activity as this benefits the whole European energy market. Equias’ services to smaller traders aims to minimise the costs and complexities associated with trading to encourage greater activity in the largest segment of the European energy market. One barrier to participation is regulatory compliance and the reporting obligations associated with it. Equias enables smaller traders to access trade data which has been reported on their behalf in a simple real-time application. This ensures they can efficiently and easily meet their compliance obligations – for free.
You can sign up to the Equias service at https://www.equias.org