eMI - energy Market Information
Insights into how trading markets operate gives you as a market participant a key advantage in executing your strategy. eMI gives you low-cost access, enabling you to better understand how your trading strategy matches up against the wider market, existing active markets, and markets you may want to track or enter.
Who is it for:
- Market participants who are active in energy trading.
- Traders who use Equias eRR or who may want to test their trading activity against the market in general.
- Simple, low-cost access to deep energy-trading information across the European physical energy market.
- There’s no need to build an in-house solution; eMI comes with the critical views of data built in.
- Data is collected, cleaned, pooled, normalised and anonymised.
- Tailored views for different areas of your organisation, from front to back office.
eMI is a cloud-based tool, which pools data from our existing applications and makes it available to companies for integration and analysis. Equias eRR users can relate their own data to anonymised market data to understand how their activity compares to that of the wider market.
Spot markets generate significantly more data compared to forward/future markets; but more concerningly the data generated does not always seem to fit the abuse pattern analysis that has been developed and which works well for forward/future markets. An initial investigation of the underlying issues related to spot market data and automated trade monitoring is presented in a White Paper which you can download here.